Good Morning NY, and welcome to Friday.
The strength into yesterday’s close has held.
- The S&P Futures +0.36%
- Gold Futures +0.93%
- Oil Futures (CL) +0.80%
- Europe: The CAC40 +0.45% and the FTSE +0.57%
- EURUSD -0.23%
- Grain Futures are still rising
We’re waiting on PPI numbers at 8:30am EST and Michigan Confidence Numbers at 9:55am EST
*Update Jun PPI +0.1%; Consensus -0.3%
BOE initiates scheme, putting pressure on banks to lend.
Good Morning NY.
The indicators look ‘good’, the markets look ugly. After all the expectations, now it’s a sell the news day. Here’s the EURUSD chart… I’m expecting the broader markets to follow.
Here’s the rundown:
- BOE, 50 billion in new money
- ADP numbers beat 179k vs 105k
- Initial Claims beat 374k vs 385k
- Continuing Claims misses 3306k vs 3283k
- ECB lowers rates to 0.75%
- Gold Futures down -1.25%
- Oil Futures down -0.56%
- S&P Futures down -0.38%