Just when the markets start to get back to the business of reporting earnings. Just when the markets start behaving ‘normally’, all the rest of the world starts looking out-of-sync.
The irony came fast and furious this week:
- Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream and a growing group of protesters near Wall Street. (Known on twitter as #OWS, or #OccupyWallStreet.)
- Steve Jobs and his billions in wealth, genius, and factories in China.
- Berlusconi’s confidence vote, while charges were dropped against DSK.
- Gold jumps on unrest in north-africa and ignores unrest in NY and Washington.
- A Giving Pledge or a No Giving Pledge? Starbucks will be serving at a protest near you, soon.
- Corn mazes and 9-9-9.
- Drug Cartels, Iran, Oil Cartels. Read WMD’s… Or not…
- Google+ use surges, but nobody is using it.
What’s the weekend have in store?